OSCE Network Meeting, Vienna, 30 October 2013
In accordance with the Network’s regulations, members of the OSCE Network of Think Tanks and Academic Institutions held a Network meeting in Vienna on 30 October 2013.
The meeting was attended by representatives of 15 member institutions, as well as 7 guests. It was sponsored by the German Federal Foreign Office and additionally supported by the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA). The International Peace Institute (IPI) kindly hosted the meeting in its marvellous conference room in the heart of Vienna.
The meeting’s agenda included the following items:
- measures for structuring the work of the OSCE Network (mission statement; steering committee: establishment, duration of mandate, duties and tasks, modus operandi; network coordinator: duration of mandate, duties and tasks);
- design of the OSCE Network website;
- steps for implementing the Network project “Threat Perceptions in Europe”;
- further Network activities, other proposals, miscellaneous issues;
- views on the OSCE Network’s contributions to future Helsinki +40 discussions.
In a separate session, the meeting was addressed by Ms Andrea Rauber Saxer, Deputy Head of the Swiss Delegation, Ambassador Sanja Milinković, Deputy Head of the Serbian Delegation, and Mr. Serhiy Dvornyk, member of the Ukrainian Delegation, who delivered presentations on their delegations’ views on the OSCE Network’s contributions to future Helsinki +40 discussions. The Eurasian element of the concept of a security community, as well as the impact of developments in Afghanistan, were, inter alia, seen as relevant issues.